Emergency Preparedness – Coronavirus – COVID-19
Statement to our Visitors and Supplier Partners
March 10, 2020
Each day we learn more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its global impact. It is important that our visitors and suppliers understand that we are committed to continually assessing and providing our team members with timely updates, and that Valiant TMS is taking measures to ensure the safety of our team members, suppliers and customers.
In addition to internal communications, we are advising our team members to stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak available on the and through national and local public health authorities. COVID-19 is still mostly affecting people in China with some outbreaks in other countries. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
While we expect to continue delivering our services to our customers on an uninterrupted basis, we’re taking certain precautions in the near-term as health and safety remains our single most important priority.
What Valiant TMS is doing to prepare for, and monitor risks associated with COVID-19:
- Travel is being restricted for team members. All travel to China, Italy, Iran, Japan and South Korea must be pre-approved by our Executive Director of Human Resources and our CEO. These countries are in addition to any other countries previously identified for other reasons
- Team member domestic travel should only continue when critical to meet commitments/expectations of our current or future customers. Where technology (Skype or other) is an option, team members are expected to use this method in lieu of travel
- External events (trade shows, etc.) where there is an expectation of more than 100 people, that are not customer-critical, should not be attended by team members until further notice
- Visitors to our facilities will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, assessing the potential risk. Should they have self-identified as having travelled to a high-risk location, they will be turned away. The current locations of concern are: China, Italy, Iran, Japan and South Korea. Locations may change based on information from the World Health Organization
- We’re asking supplier representatives that are from, or have recently travelled to one of the impacted countries not to visit any of our facilities until they have been back in the local country symptom-free for a minimum of 14 days
365现金足球网As the threat is currently minimal in the majority of our facility locations, we must remain vigilant. Our managers will have open discussions with their teams to understand the expectations and policies of our customers and suppliers relating to COVID-19.
Given the fluidity of the situation, many our team members are prepared to telework or work remotely at any given moment.
365现金足球网Team members who have travelled to affected areas for business or personal travel, or have a person living in their home who has travelled to the affected regions or who has been diagnosed COVID-19, are being advised to reach out to their medical practitioner and stay home from work for at least 14 days in self-isolation.